This Boat Hire Agreement is between Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited (trading as Three Rivers Pitch & Paddle) and the undersigned
I understand and agree to the following:
I, as the lead hirer, am over 18 years in age and understand I must be present and onboard the hired vessel during its use on the water. Under 18 year olds are not to be left to use the equipment without the hirer present and on the water with them.
I accept full responsibility for the people that are with me as well as for the equipment and the accompanying accessories I am provided with for the duration of my hire.
I shall bear all risk of damage or loss of the equipment, or any portion thereof, including but not limited to damage and theft, and shall pay Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited the cost of repair or replacement in the event of but not limited to damage, loss, or theft of the equipment.
1) That I am liable for all dirty, damaged, lost, or stolen equipment and any fees associated with the listed equipment, and that all equipment must be returned in good condition as determined by Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited. Please see replacement costs in Section 1 of this agreement.
2) That I am responsible for returning the listed equipment at the agreed upon time for your hire period as shown on your booking confirmation, and that a late fee will be charged for items that are overdue.
3) That Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited is not responsible for the weather and I will be expected to undertake my booking and liable to pay for the hire I have requested in cloudy or rainy conditions. We of course will cancel and rebook any hires that were booked for days that are unsafe conditions to go out in. Please see section 2 below.
4) That if I am 15+ minutes late for my scheduled booking and I have not notified Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited of this then Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited reserves the right to rebook my reserved vessel. If the vessel is not rebooked and I do not arrive for the reserved booking I am liable to pay for the hire still.
5) That no training is provided by Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited. Only a demonstration of how to safely board and disembark the vessel.
6) That I must be able to demonstrate I can safely operate the hired vessel to be able to embark on my hire. If I am deemed to be unable to safely proceed by the discretion of the Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited Team, I will not be permitted to take my hire and will forfeit the cost of the booking.
7) That I am expected to wear a properly fitted buoyancy aid while on the water and using the hired equipment.
8) That Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited is not responsible for any loss or damage of personal items taken on my hire.
1) To obey all local regulations, and all lawful directives from appropriate emergency or law enforcement personnel, while operating or renting the watercraft.
2) That I am aware of the maximum weight limits for the vessel I am hiring and agree to ensure that this limit is not exceeded. This weight limit is inclusive for all items brought onto the vessel including people, personal belongings and pets (ie. dogs). Weight limits can be found in your booking email.
3) To not leave the Norfolk Broads network and I agree that under no circumstances shall the equipment be transported on a vehicle.
4) That I am capable of operating the equipment and will check it is in good working order, condition, and repair before I take it out on the river. I will notify Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited if I find any problems with the equipment during my hire.
5) To not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol and understand if Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited believes me to be so that I shall not be allowed to hire and will forfeit the cost of the booking.
Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited requires all hirers to wear a Buoyancy Aid at all times while on the water. Please make sure that when you are fitted with your buoyancy aid it fits well, buoyancy aids must be tightly fitted to be effective. I understand the dangers of paddling on tidal or still water and understand that weather can play a factor in paddling safety and that such activities are subject to the unpredictable forces of nature.
Three Rivers Boat Hire also recommends all personal belongings taken with you on your hire are safely stored in a dry bag or other suitable container and attached to your vessel. Three Rivers Boat Hire assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged personal belongings.
RECOGNITION OF RISK: I acknowledge that canoeing/kayaking/paddleboarding and all other water sports are activities with inherent risks of injury to persons and property. I am aware of these risks and understand them.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY: I hereby release Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited, its agents, contractors, employees, and owners from liability for negligence and hold them harmless from any loss, expense, or cost, including solicitors fees, arising out of damages or injuries, whether to persons or property, including those not listed on this agreement, occurring as a result of the hire or use of our equipment, including canoes/kayaks/paddleboards/row boats and accessories.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between myself and Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited and no term may be waived or modified, including any provision against spoken modification, except in writing signed by both parties. There are no warranties, expressed or implied, by Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited to me, except as contained herein, and Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited shall not be liable for any loss or injury to myself nor to anyone else, of any kind or however caused.
Loss or damage of the below items will result in that following replacement charges:
Canoe paddles - £50 each
Kayak paddles - £50 each
Paddleboard paddles - £75 each
Rowing Boat Oars - £60 each
Paddleboard fins - £30 each
Buoyancy Aids - £50 each
Canoes - up to £1500 each (depending on severity of damage)
Kayaks - up to £600 each (depending on severity of damage)
Paddleboards - up to £600 each (depending on severity of damage)
Row boats - up to £2000 each (depending on severity of damage)
Three Rivers Boat Hire Limited may need to cancel your hire if weather conditions are not suitable for your hire.
Weather conditions that unsuitable for beginner paddleboard hires are wind conditions that are consistently above 20mph or where there are gusts above 25mph; beginner canoe and kayak hires are wind conditions that are consistently above 25mph or where there are gusts above 30mph this is factoring in our sheltered part of the Waveney River.
Other unsuitable weather conditions for all vessels are during lightening storms.
I sign this agreement by clicking the "I agree" button in the booking process, confirming my booking, or paying for my hire, I agree to this agreement by my own free will, I am aware that this includes a release of liability and is binding on me, heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, or any person claiming by or through me.